Wednesday, January 9, 2013

CSA: Fresh & Local

Copyright (c) 123RF Stock Photos
In my mind, I'm a keen gardener with the ability to provide copious amounts of fresh produce to consume during the growing season. In reality, I'm a girl with big ideas and a black thumb. Having finally come to terms with the fact that I will never be the kind of urban homesteader who feed her family solely from the produce of her garden, I have decided to invest in a CSA program.

Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) is perfect for people like me who want to enjoy fresh produce, but don't have the time/space/energy to grow their own food. We did it one summer before Turtle was born. It was a treat to go out to the farm to pick up our box of goodies each week. We wouldn't be picking up from a farm this time around, but there is an option to purchase a share of spring harvests. Assuming that I will be continuing with my OAMS effort, having weekly fresh produce will be an enormous treat.

I'm drooling already thinking about fresh asparagus. Maybe I should stop writing about farm fresh produce, and actually fill out the form to reserve our share!

Have you ever done CSA before?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Awwww, you cared enough to leave a comment! Thank you so much for making my day :-D