Friday, February 12, 2010

Here Comes the Sun!

Until the snow melts I'm going to continue to buy flowers.  I feel so much lighter & happier when I see them sitting on my table.  To make things even more joyful was the appearance of the sun after our last snow storm.  I just had to get out my camera and play a bit -the sun was that irrisistable!

 

I bought a copy of Do It Yourself magazine as a bit of indulgence (and inspiration) at the same time as these tulips.  When I got home I realized the magazine had the same tulips on the front cover.

  

GATHER ye rosebuds while ye may,
  Old Time is still a-flying:
And this same flower that smiles to-day
  To-morrow will be dying.

  

The glorious lamp of heaven, the sun,
  The higher he 's a-getting,
The sooner will his race be run,
  And nearer he 's to setting.

  

That age is best which is the first,
  When youth and blood are warmer; 
But being spent, the worse, and worst
  Times still succeed the former.

  

Then be not coy, but use your time,
  And while ye may, go marry:
For having lost but once your prime,
  You may for ever tarry.

~To the Virgins, to make Much of Time
Robert Herrick


Enjoy your weekend! 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful flowers!

    The poem makes me want to go out & sound my barbaric YAWP all over again :)

    ReplyDelete

Awwww, you cared enough to leave a comment! Thank you so much for making my day :-D