Saturday, April 10, 2010

Nature Walk

Just a few miles from my house is a lovely county park.  There is a playground, hiking trails, campgrounds and an arboretum.  Since it was a lovely spring day, I decided the arboretum would be a great place to go for a walk.  The paths are crushed limestone, but there are acres of grass to walk on as well.  There is a pond fed by a little stream, and lots and lots of benches.  Some trees were close enough together that Turtle thought we were in a forest.  We picked up many rocks and sticks along the way.

We saw a magnolia in bloom,


 and what must certainly be the fattest pine tree ever!


Played Pooh Sticks for the very first time,


but decided dropping rocks through the cracks in the bridge was more fun.


We spent a lot of time on this bridge.  Next time, we'll bring a picnik so we can stay longer!

2 comments:

  1. So fun! I want to go next time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe Turtle is in short sleeves...must be warm at your end. Love the photos. Take me with you next time and *I'll* provide the picnic! :)

    ReplyDelete

Awwww, you cared enough to leave a comment! Thank you so much for making my day :-D