Friday, July 30, 2010

A sad good-bye

Woman Sitting Beside Table with Laptop

Woman Sitting Beside Table with Laptop Photographic Print

I regret to inform you that my laptop (Orac O'Dell) and I have decided to part ways.  Sadly we could no longer work together in a manner that was neither tolerable nor productive for either of us.  I will admit that my inflexibility regarding  powering up on command had much to do with the demise of this relationship, and I am sincerely sorry that a workable agreement could not be forged.

I cannot regret the time we spent together, nor deny the beautiful work we accomplished.  I hope you will join me in wishing Orac good luck as he searches for work in the computer parts industry.  Perhaps we will see him playing a role in a sequel to  62 Projects to Make with a Dead Computer: (And Other Discarded Electronics) or possibly parts of him ensconced in gold and dangling from a socialite's ears.

Good-bye Orac, and Good Luck

C

No comments:

Post a Comment

Awwww, you cared enough to leave a comment! Thank you so much for making my day :-D