Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Gimme Gimme Gimme

Usually I don't get the newspaper.  The writing is marginal at its best as well as having little I want to read about.  The comics lost their appeal about the time Calvin & Hobbes stopped running.  Then there is the whole sensorial experience I thoroughly dislike (too big, noisy when you turn the pages, the smell of the ink & the feel of the pages -ICK!) However, during the month of November I usually get the Sunday edition for the store circulars.  There really wasn't anything useful (despite the $80 in coupons inside!), but one thing came out of the paper that was worth its weight in gold:  the Target Toy Catalog.

Turtle's face lit up when she saw it.  "Is that mine?" she asked incredulously.  "Uh, sure!" I replied.  She crawled up on the sofa next to me, put the catalog on her lap and reverantly began to turn the pages.  Then began the barrage of "I want that!"s

"I want that!"  she shouted excitedly, pointing at Matchbox Stinky The Garbage Truck (Matchbox Stinky The Garbage Truck).

"I want that!" she shouted again, pointing at Hot Wheels Color Shifters Dr. Bones Color Lab Playset (Hot Wheels Color Shifter).

She also wants a Buzz Lightyear scooter, Barbie's Three Story Dream Townhouse, and the Zoobles Gift Pack (whatever those are.)  The most terrifying want so far is the K'Nex Loopin' Lightning Coaster K'Nex Loopin' Lightning Coaster -all those pieces!!!!

She has however decided that she is NOT going to put the Creative Design Circo Shopping Cart shopping cart on her Christmas list.  She is going to get it for Halloween. Next week.  After gently pointing out that Halloween is over and won't happen until next year, she replied "But mommy, I want Halloween again!"

So far one item has struck her fancy.  An item she has seen advertised on television (BTW Thanks Qubo) and in different store circulars. It is the first advertisement she saw that made her claim "I want that!"


                           Dairy Queen Blizzard Maker
I think perhaps she knows that I ate my body weight in DQ Snicker Blizzards the last few months I was expecting her!

1 comment:

  1. I remember those days when we got the Sears and Montgomery Wards catalogs in the mail and spend endless amounts of time pouring over the toys. Pam told me Cole has gone through the Toys R Us catalog and pretty much ripped out every page of boy stuff there was. I hope Turtle gets something on her list from Santa! Something that Mom and Dad don't have to put together....

    ReplyDelete

Awwww, you cared enough to leave a comment! Thank you so much for making my day :-D