Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Twas the Monday before Christmas

Yesterday afternoon I fell in my classroom.

My assistant was mopping the floor and I needed something from my cuboards nearby.  I KNEW the floor was wet and I was walking carefully.  Honestly, I was!  But still, I slipped and fell forward, arm out.  I managed to twist so I didn't fall straight on my hand.  The end result was a little trip to have my arm x-rayed.

The good news is that there are no broken bones.  Yet.  I have to go back in a few days for a follow-up to make sure a hairline fracture hasn't appeared.  The bad news is I've sprained the heck out of my wrist and pulled several muscles in my arm, neck and back.  Not to mention the giant bruise on my leg from landing on a block.

The really freaky thing about this all?  A year ago, on the Monday before Christmas, at the same time of day,  I had the incident with the wicker splinter under my fingernail.  Coincidence?  What is the universe trying to tell me about Mondays before Christmas?

I think my administrator is already putting my name down for a personal day for the next Monday before Christmas.  For now, I'm typing one handed & trying not to over-stress my many pulled muscles.


Rockefeller Center and the Famous Christmas Tree,Rink and Decoration, New York City, New York



Can you imagine the damage if I were to ice skate?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Awwww, you cared enough to leave a comment! Thank you so much for making my day :-D