Sunday, January 2, 2011

I Am What I Am

I Am What I Am

For my 1st entry in the book challenge I present I Am What I Am by the lovely and delightful John Barrowman.  Some of you may know him as Captain Jack Harkness from Doctor Who and Torchwood.  But before that role John was already an accomplished entertainer on stage and film.

In this this memoir John recounts his life during his time as Captain Jack.  (If you are interested in his earlier life, check out Anything Goes.)  John's personality is BIG and that shines through his writing.  John is the life of every party he goes to, and pretty much everywhere John goes is a party, even when he's working (which appears to be all the time).  I bet John would just LOVE to come to a #flyinglushes gathering.........

Anyhoo, I'm exhausted after reading about his life.  Where does he get his energy from?  I think I'll be heading over to itunes to check out some of his musical work (At His Very Best, John BarrowmanMusic Music Music)  Then I'll head over to Netflix to see if I can spend An Evening with John Barrowman


Dr. Who - Captain Jack



4 comments:

  1. I know wherE he gets his energy! I heard him say he never uses a computer, doesn't interact on twitter and doesn't use FB...i guess that leaves a bit of time free- right?

    xx
    :)
    LESLEY

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new background here. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yippee! I'll be chatting with you sometime about my lend me's on my Nookcolor. I've been reading on it today--checked out two books from the library and am reading another one, too. Phew. I think my eyes are crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. John isn't on FB, but he and his team are on Twitter: @team_barrowman John tweets when he has time in his schedule.

    ReplyDelete

Awwww, you cared enough to leave a comment! Thank you so much for making my day :-D