Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Reasons why I don't want another pet bird

We had a pet parakeet.  His name was Fernando Alonso.  He was a good bird, but he passed away a year & a half ago.  I've been warmed that a campaign to replace him is about to begin. I'm trying to solidify my reasons for resisting another bird invading my territory.  Please feel free to add to my list!

Four Budgerigars (Melopsittacus Undulatus)




  1. I don't want another bird.
  2. Birds are noisy.
  3. Takes a significant amount of time and patience to hand train 
  4. More bird poop than I am currently willing to deal with
  5. Hand trained bird means bird poop in places OTHER than the birdcage
  6. I don't want another bird
  7. Hand trained, talking birds ALWAYS swear when the most "sensitive" visitors are present
  8. No more lighting candles
  9. No more using teflon pans on the stove
  10. I don't want another bird
  11. Birds don't travel well & finding bird sitters willing to let a bird fly around their home pooping wherever they please are hard to find
  12. Fernando Alonso is a hard act to follow
  13. Have I mentioned the bird poop? I'm still finding it!
  14. I DON'T WANT ANOTHER BIRD!!!!

2 comments:

  1. You forgot the bird poop. I don't miss that either. Also the scraps of bird food that get ABSOLUTELY EVERYWHERE! Not to mention the fluffy feathers that always seem to be about. And the constant squawking noises, as if having children wasn't noisy enough.

    Did I mention bird poop? I think I forgot that bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeo. Bird poop. And really, who could possibly take the place of Fernando? I may say I do not miss having a bird land on my head when I'm at your house. You did the right thing by having a child for your amusement instead :)

    ReplyDelete

Awwww, you cared enough to leave a comment! Thank you so much for making my day :-D