Saturday, November 5, 2011

Simple Pleasures: Monkey Bread


 



I had a few tubes of refrigerator biscuit dough in my fridge.  Originally, they were intended for a school project that I never atually got around to doing.  Turtle was wanting a project to do on a Saturday morning when inspiration hit:  Monkey Bread!

I remember it from my childhood as a Sunday morning treat.  All it is really is biscuit dough cut into pieces, rolled in cinnamon sugar and pressed into layers in a bundt pan with melted butter poured over and baked.  I don't have a bundt pan, so we used a regular loaf pan.  Really, is there a recipe out there more suited for a preschooler to do?



It did not turn out the way I envisioned -the layers w too deep to get all the dough to bake  :(  Maybe I need to add "bundt pan" to my Christmas list so I can make this again!

BTW, these pictures are driving me NUTS! I took them with my nifty new tablet. Love the pixelated effect?  I also can't get them moved to where I want them to be.  Oh well, looks like I'll be blogging from the ol' laptop from now on  :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Awwww, you cared enough to leave a comment! Thank you so much for making my day :-D