Wednesday, April 18, 2012

When I grow up

I'm not sure if it is just springtime that brings out the creative soul in me or what, but I've been hankering to do something artsy. I just never seem to be able to get started on anything.

Earlier in the year I became interested in Zentangle mainly because it seemed perfect for me and my limited drawing ability. Knowing that I needed some serious stress relievers in my daily life, I pulled out my art supplies once again. Zentangles are usually black and white, but I really liked the idea of adding color to my page before setting my black pens to it. This led me to researching how to apply gesso to journal pages -I had to research because I'm such a noob when it comes to art techniques. (BTW, how did we research before Google?!?) Boy, am I glad I did! I found a wonderful resource in Paula Philips, aka the JournalArtista. Finally, I feel like I can play with the art supplies I've got! As much as I love books and reading, sometimes I really need to see in order to understand.  I'm thinking that this may be my Summer of the Art Journal. Anybody out there who is already on the art journal band wagon?

A Row of Oil Paints



A Row of Oil...

Caspar  Benson

Buy This at Allposters.com

2 comments:

  1. I would love to do something creative but I think for this summer my creativity will be lie in actually getting through each day with something--anything--accomplished and putting my house in order! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am confident that you will succeed in putting your house in order. May I suggest we meet regularly to discuss our progress over Limoncello and nibblies?

      Delete

Awwww, you cared enough to leave a comment! Thank you so much for making my day :-D