Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Crazy Energy

Duke Power Energy Exploratorium, Electricity



Mark  Gibson



I'm not sure what came over me yesterday, but I was just BURSTING with energy! I think in the back of my mind I realized that June is almost over, and I didn't have a whole lot to show for five weeks of being a Summer Domestic Goddess. So instead of fretting, dithering, and procrastinating by sticking my nose in a book -I got busy. I followed thru an impulsive plan to do a mini-makeover on Turtle's room!

During my Miracle Monday of Energy, I:
  • Got Turtle to summer camp on time
  • Hit the gym
  • Hit the stores for new shelving to install in Turtle's room
  • Picked Turtle up from summer camp
  • Primed her doll house
  • Sanded & primed her old table
  • Sanded & primed her old storage bench
  • Assembled new shelving (hooray for flat pack furniture!)
  • Reorganized her toys onto new shelving
  • Painted the exterior of doll house (pink)
  • Kept both Turtle & myself fed
  • Weeded the garden
By the time 7:00 rolled around, all I could do was sit on the sofa and stare vacantly at the TV. And boy, I am stiff and sore this morning! But I'm feeling rather pleased with myself. All that is left is to paint the interior rooms of the doll house, and put final coats on the table and the storage bench and the mini-makeover will be done!

Have you tackled any projects this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Awwww, you cared enough to leave a comment! Thank you so much for making my day :-D