Wednesday, June 20, 2012

WIP: Embroidery Sunflowers


My nephew is getting married at the end of the summer and I'm doing what I can to help out with the rehearsal dinner! Sunflowers are the theme, so I have been playing around with flower embroidery. This flour sack towel is a WIP (work in progress) for the party decorations.  The french knots are time consuming, but oh so much fun -thank goodness Jenny Hart has an excellent french knot tutorial! 


This is the first flower I did. It wasn't as sunflowery as I had imagined it would be, so I hit the internet for some inspiration.


The second one turned out more to my liking, especially the petals.


The seeds on this one are my favorite! The one strand of a contrasting color reminds me of the stripey appearance of some sunflower seeds.

I'll probably embroider some more linens, maybe with smaller-scale flowers so they don't take as long to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Awwww, you cared enough to leave a comment! Thank you so much for making my day :-D