Sunday, March 21, 2010

I Love Daffodils!

I feel happy when I see them.....

They remind me of living in springtime London......

I also love my Kitchen Aid!  Daffodils are taking my mind off the fact that it looked like this when I woke up on the first day of spring.......

I love daffodils so much that they were the main flower at my wedding.....

Some guy named Wordsworth knew how much I loved daffodils and wrote a poem.....

I WANDERED lonely as a cloud
          That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
          When all at once I saw a crowd,
          A host, of golden daffodils;
          Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
          Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.

          Continuous as the stars that shine
          And twinkle on the milky way,
          They stretched in never-ending line
          Along the margin of a bay:                                  
          Ten thousand saw I at a glance,
          Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.

          The waves beside them danced; but they
          Out-did the sparkling waves in glee:
          A poet could not but be gay,
          In such a jocund company:
          I gazed--and gazed--but little thought
          What wealth the show to me had brought:

          For oft, when on my couch I lie
          In vacant or in pensive mood,                               
          They flash upon that inward eye
          Which is the bliss of solitude;
          And then my heart with pleasure fills,
          And dances with the daffodils.
~ "I Wandered Lonely As A Cloud" by William Wordsworth

Happy Spring!

1 comment:

  1. Love daffodils too! But my favourite thing is a mixture of all the spring flowers and colours: freesias, tulips, daffodils, hyacinths, snowdrops. Just give me Spring! LOL

    Nice wedding cakes. Hope you didn't spill any on the books?

    ReplyDelete

Awwww, you cared enough to leave a comment! Thank you so much for making my day :-D