Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A Brit Among the Hawkeys

A Brit Among the Hawkeyes
Eastern Iowa is probably one of the last places you would expect to find a Lord.  A real Lord.  One that gets to wear the ermine cape and sit in the House of Lords.

But that's just what happened in our neck of the woods.  For a few months every year we had a British Lord living amongst us Hawkeyes.
Sadly I just learned that he is no longer with us.  He was a kind and funny man.  He made a trip to London very special for us by getting us passes to sit in the House of Lords (we were THIS close to Dame Thatcher!)

You will be missed Richard, Lord Acton  :)

1 comment:

  1. I agree--he was always so sweet to me! And I will never forget the wonderful time he arranged for us with the tour of Parliament and being thisclose to Margaret Thatcher! What an experience.

    ReplyDelete

Awwww, you cared enough to leave a comment! Thank you so much for making my day :-D