Friday, October 1, 2010

The Rage is Over

I knew there was a reason to be excited today. Well, other than it is Friday.  Today is the first day that I will be wearing clothes outside the challenge wardrobe!  Yup, the challenge is over and I'm free to wear whatever I want.



It wasn't nearly as difficult as I thought it would be.  Perhaps being older & set in my ways makes it easier to wear the same thing over & over again.  I actually had a few pieces that I never even touched during the last month!  Anyhoo, I took my wardrobe down to the bare bones and I think it will work for now.  A few more tops and a few more bottoms.  I think my goal will be to get rid of a clothing item BEFORE I begin looking for something new.  I like the amount of space that I have dedicated for clothing and I want to keep it that way.  I'm also finding I can easily stay on top of Mt. Washmore -how blissful is that!  One less household chore that I have to worry about, which means I have more time to explore the gravitational effects of my sofa in comparison to my bed.

The next goal will be working on DD's wardrobe.  She has far too many clothes for a child her size!  Granted, we need a bit extra to allow for accidents, but probably not as much as we currently own.  Fortunately she is growing again so it is time to get rid of the items that no longer fit.  Then I would like to narrow down the spectrum of colors of new items so that we can mix-n-match more.  How I managed to over-complicate a 3 year olds' wardrobe, I'll never know!

Did you do the challenge?  How did it turn out?  Leave results in the comments, if you would please  :D

BTW, what do you think of this piece -perfect for Early Childhood Educator Chic, non?


3 comments:

  1. I so forgot about the challenge my good friend. But as I look at my wardrobe I think I'm already doing it :)

    Did anyone notice?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went through my closet and took a big bag to Goodwill. Also got rid of a bunch of shoes so I feel much better! I will definitely only buy something when it fits, is a good price, and looks good on me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheryl, sadly no one noticed that I was wearing the same things all the time, but they did notice when I wore a new shirt today! And ms. caboo, you've always been a stronger woman than I when it comes to impulse purchases. Maybe we should spearhead the Spartan Chic look :-P

    ReplyDelete

Awwww, you cared enough to leave a comment! Thank you so much for making my day :-D