Thursday, September 30, 2010

Walk This Way, Bake This Dessert

I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.  ~Fred Allen

So this past weekend with the help of Ms. Caboo I completed a 12 mile walk!  Insert hysterical cheering *here*

According to my training plan I should be doing a 13 miler next.  But I'm thinking, if I walk 13 miles, that's basically a half marathon. Would completing the Official Half Marathon be as sweet if I had already walked it?  I think not.  So I'm going to wait until the Official Half Marathon to complete my 13.something miles.

So what to talk about now? Apples.  That's right, A-P-P-L-E-S.  I seem to have developed a deep fascination for all things apples.  I'm not sure why.  I know Turtle loves apples & going to the apple orchard to pick our own will become a family tradition. (Going to a new one tomorrow -yay!)  One of my favorite ways to consume apples is apple crisp.  I have smashed together a few recipes to come up with one that really suits my family.  As my darling DH says, the apples are just a delivery devise for the crisp :)



C-Joy's Apple Crisp

Preheat oven to 350

Chop 3 large Honeycrisp apples (skin on).  Place in a 2 quart baking dish
Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon, stir to coat
For topping, mix in a separate bowl:
   1 cup flour
   1 cup rolled oats
   1/3 cup sugar
   cinnamon (to taste)
   pinch of salt
Melt 1/2 cup butter, add to flour mixture and stir until incorporated (will be lumpy)
Sprinkle topping over apples
Bake uncovered for 45 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
Serve warm & sit back to enjoy the adoration bestowed upon you by grateful recipients.
*Serving warm with vanilla ice cream may cause Dessert-induced Ecstasy. 

Bon Apetit!


1 comment:

Awwww, you cared enough to leave a comment! Thank you so much for making my day :-D