It's real name is Crecy, but hey -why not mangle another language whenever possible?
Its souper (hehehe) easy and a great way to get a veggie in. Turtle loves this soup!
C-Joy's Crazy Soup
2 TBSP olive oil
1 shallot (or small onion + a clove of garlic) chopped
6 carrots, sliced
1 TBSP sugar
1/4 cup rice
6 cups veggie broth
1 tsp herbs de provence (rosemary and/or thyme work just as well)
1 - 2 TBSP butter
Salt & Pepper
- Saute shallots (med high) in olive oil until soft.
- Add carrots. Cover & cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add rice, broth & herbs. Bring to boil, then partially cover & simmer 30 minutes.
- Use immersion blender to process until smooth, or transfer to blender & process in batches.
- Season w/salt & pepper to taste, serve with a dollop of butter.