Wednesday, January 26, 2011

When you give a girl a bookstore

she's going to buy some books.  That's exactly what happened last night after the first Book Challenge book group meeting.  I know that even if you weren't with us personally, you were with us in spirit as we discussed books from Manga to Crime and Punishment.


Trap the Mind



Anyhoo, I hardly ever get to the bookstore these days.  You know, it is such a long drive for me (all of 15 minutes AND you have to cross a river to boot).  So I took advantage of being Turtleless to prowl around a bit.  It was tempting.  It also didn't help that the Queen of Handselling was walking around with me pointing out scrumptious titles that I just Have To Read.  I'm thinking it's a good thing for my wallet that this group is meeting once a month.  It is already far too easy to purchase nookbooks!

I escaped with one magazine and 2 books that will hopefully help me along my artistic path:

Collage Lab: Experiments, Investigations, and Exploratory Projects (Lab Series)
Drawing Lab for Mixed-Media Artists: 52 Creative Exercises to Make Drawing Fun (Lab Series)
 

4 comments:

  1. Like the look of the drawing one... Another Scaredy Cat Challenge perhaps? ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. The drawing book is by the same person who hosted the Silly Workshop :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't you glad you have me to also give you books to read? I just bought three more today. Gosh, I have to go to a deserted island for a week and catch up on everything.

    ReplyDelete

Awwww, you cared enough to leave a comment! Thank you so much for making my day :-D