Monday, February 21, 2011

Book Challenge: Week 6 and 7

I'm still reading!  My time to read has been very limited this month due to evening school activities and weekend family committments.  I'm well on the way to making my goal of reading five titles this month.

I read through Collage Lab: Experiments, Investigations, and Exploratory Projects (Lab Series).  I'm really excited to try some of these -I'm thinking I can easily adapt some of these projects for my classroom too!  I have so many how-to books on art.  Maybe its time I stop reading about art techniques and get practicing.  Hmmmmm.

The next book I'm adding to my list is actually a kid's book coming out in March:  Spiky, Slimy, Smooth: What Is Texture? (Jane Brocket's Clever Concepts).  I love the realistic pictures.  They aren't your standard pictures:  these are styled, magazine quality photos.  It will be perfect for my Montessori Classroom and I am already thinking what extensions I can make to go along with this book.  I'm hoping that "Clever Concepts" splashed across the cover means that there will be other books in this series.  If they are of the same visual quality then I'm sure each and every one will be part of my curriculum!  In fact, a review of this book will probably show up on my other blog........

Collage Lab: Experiments, Investigations, and Exploratory Projects (Lab Series)  Spiky, Slimy, Smooth: What Is Texture? (Jane Brocket's Clever Concepts)

1 comment:

  1. Geez, you're reading and actually learning something, I'm just reading to have fun! Dang it. Must try some non-fiction.

    ReplyDelete

Awwww, you cared enough to leave a comment! Thank you so much for making my day :-D