Sunday, March 6, 2011

Dirty Laundry

A few weeks ago the belt on our washing machine broke.  DH was able to obtain a replacement belt and fix it.  Or so we thought.

On Friday, the darn thing broke again!

We decided we would try replacing it one more time and do only small loads.  (Please keep in mind that I hadn't really caught up from being without a washing machine the FIRST time it broke.)

Being the dutiful, frugal wife that I am I placed a small load in the washer.  It made it through the cycle with no problems.  However, when I unloaded it I noticed a strong odor.  A strong odor remarkably similar to the odor that the burnt out belt makes.  So now I'm scared that if I attempt another small load, the machine will end up in smoke once again.  The stress is just too much.

We need a new machine!

Fortunately DH found a replacement.  Isn't she beautiful?

Samsung WF220ANW 4 cu. Ft. High Efficiency Front-Load Washer - White


I don't think we'll be getting the pedestal, although it would be  nice not to have to bend over so much to load and unload.  Frankly, I'll just be happy to toss in a load without worrying that I'll set the house on fire!


NEWSFLASH!!!  Turtle has just reported that the TV stopped working.  Hardly unexpected, it's been operating on its last tube for a long time now  :-P

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like the appliance fairy (which is evil) has visited both our houses. My 15 year old microwave stopped counting down the time, but still works. Just 2 minutes can now be 15 minutes if I don't pay attention.

    My computer is still on the fritz. Arrgh!

    ReplyDelete

Awwww, you cared enough to leave a comment! Thank you so much for making my day :-D