Easy Vanilla Ice Cream
2 cups whipping cream
2 cups half-n-half
3/4 cup vanilla sugar
1 vanilla bean
- Pour milk into a container.
- Add vanilla sugar (or regular sugar if that's all you have)
- Slice vanilla bean open length-wise. Carefully scrape out the seeds and add to milk mixture. Set vanilla bean aside
- Stir milk mixture until sugar has dissolved. Cover & refrigerate at least one hour to ensure it is as cold as possible before freezing.
- Once milk mixture is thoroughly chilled, freeze according to ice cream maker's directions.
- Either serve ice cream immediately (it will be soft-serve style at this point) or pour into freezer container and freeze for minimum 2-3 hours before serving. If you put in freezer first, allow it to rest at room temperature for 15-30 minutes before scooping.
- Sit back and enjoy household members fight over who gets to lick the paddle.
I got my vanilla from Beanilla -I love the glass jars they come in! We're working our way through the vanilla sampler pack :D