Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Knitting fever

Thanks to the internet, I've been teaching myself how to knit.  I'm totally addicted now!  I'm not particularly fast & prone to leave dropped stitches when they happen, but I'm having fun.  Mostly I've been making wash clothes.


I'll make some scarves as soon as I can get my hands on some really good yarn.  Most of what is available around here is from chain stores.  Great for practicing with, but nothing really special.

As I said, I'm pretty slow so I'm not sure many hand-knit items will be going out as Christmas gifts.  THIS year.










1 comment:

  1. Holy cow, those are great!!!! I'm a beginner knitter too (have been for a couple years... sadly...), it's SO fun! A great website is www.ravelry.com .

    ReplyDelete

Awwww, you cared enough to leave a comment! Thank you so much for making my day :-D