Sunday, April 15, 2012

Call me Cleopatra

Queen of Denial.
Theda Bara: Cleopatra, 1917

Theda Bara:... Buy This at Allposters.com


I knew stress was a trigger for my own fibro flare ups. However, I was completely unprepared for the weather to render me into a pain-filled, crying mess on the sofa. Seriously, the weather?!? I had read about people who had flares triggered by weather, but I was convinced that I wouldn't be. Mine didn't seem to be a severe case. I was managing quite well with being careful with my food choices, adding exercise back into my life, finding more productive ways of avoiding dealing with stress, and just a little pharmaceutical help, thank you very much. 

But no. I wake up the morning that the first storm front of the weekend was to hit us in severe pain. 6 trucks  worth of pain (out of a total of 10 trucks to run over me). Had stiffness accompanied the pain, it would have ranked as 8 trucks.

If weather is going to affect me, then I have to consider that pushing myself too hard will also affect me as well as a whole host of other things I haven't even discovered yet. Which means that I really have fibromyalgia. All the time. Not just when I feel stressed. Crap. Suppose this means I have some serious thinking to do. For those of you who know me, serious thinking was difficult for me even at the best of times.

In the meantime, does anyone know how I can get my hands on a Go Directly to Acceptance pass?







No comments:

Post a Comment

Awwww, you cared enough to leave a comment! Thank you so much for making my day :-D