Monday, April 9, 2012

Ch-ch-ch-changes!

Life has slapped me up side the head hard enough to finally get my attention. I need to start making changes in order to make my life as pain-free as possible with minimal help from pharmaceuticals.  Fortunately, answers to my biggest life challenges always come to me in the form of reading.  In this case, it came to me in the form of the Zen Habits Sea Change Program. Here I am learning to make lasting changes.

My first change? Adding a stretching routine.  Stretching is something I should be able to do even on my most painful days. Since I always start my day with a cup of tea, I figured this would be the perfect time to do my stretching. I start with wiggling my toes to the count of ten. Then I move up to my ankles, slowly rotating in each direction 5 times. I move up the body, rotating each bit that will rotate, and end with neck rolls.  I pay close attention to the hips and the shoulders, as these are the areas that cause the most pain.  Even though I move slowly, the entire routine takes about 5 minutes.

That's it. My first change. Now, how will I make sure that I do it daily? By telling you of course! I hereby grant you permission to ask me (Twitter, email, comment) every day if I have done my stretching. I will also search for some sort of widget I can add to my sidebar to track my progress. I'm laying down the gauntlet and screaming "Bite me, Fibromyalgia!"

And now for your viewing pleasure, Mr. David Bowie  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Awwww, you cared enough to leave a comment! Thank you so much for making my day :-D