Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Cold Comfort

I can hardly believe that I am posting a picture of my refrigerator! But yet, I am. I HATE cleaning the shelves in the fridge, so when I saw this idea on Pinterest idea (so sorry, to whomever the original poster is -I forgot to pin it but the idea is great) I knew I had to try it! Plastic place mats now line my shelves. I had to trim the back end to make it fit the depth. I tried adding bits to the side since the mat wasn't wide enough, but I didn't like the look. So far, the shelves are staying clean! And, it looks pretty so I smile now instead of cringe when I open the refrigerator door. I like being able to find things inside again, too. So much easier to stay on top of the leftovers.

I also relocated my refrigerator thermometer. Turns out I had the temperature set far colder than it needed to be! No wonder I had such a hard time defrosting meat. I just may go completely crazy and pull the fridge out & vacuum the coils. If I do, you'll know that I have completely succumbed to cleaning fever.

How do you keep your fridge organized?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Awwww, you cared enough to leave a comment! Thank you so much for making my day :-D