Monday, July 25, 2011

Tutu cute bedskirt

Slowly but surely I've been working on Turtle's bedroom, changing it from a toddler's room to that of a Big Girl.  Right before the end of the school year, Turtle asked for a big bed.  Since birth she has slept on a floor bed, so it was just a matter of bringing in the box spring & frame we had stored in the basement.

I rearranged her room so that she can use it as a play house.  She has her table & chair as well as her play stove on one end of the room, and her bed in the corner.  Turtle had also asked that her bed be pretty, so I decided to create a tutu bedskirt.

15 yards of tulle & a thrift-store bedskirt as a backing later, this is what I came up with:



Not bad for for $20!  Cutting the tulle into strips was tedious.  Thank goodness the bed is against the wall so I only had to cover one short & one long side of the bed.  We may need to trim the tulle as we keep stepping on the tutu.  Oh well, I love it!  Now we just need a little princess canopy.  I saw one at IKEA that would work well, or I may get ambitious and create one using the directions from Girl's World: Twenty-One Sewing Projects to Make for Little Girls


No comments:

Post a Comment

Awwww, you cared enough to leave a comment! Thank you so much for making my day :-D